VP Customer Success
test IO is seeking a customer-obsessed, process-oriented leader to join our management team as the VP of Customer Success. In this role, you will be responsible for all post-sales customer operations globally, including existing customer success and account management teams located in the Bay Area and Berlin and prospective professional services groups. You will work closely with sales, product, and tester operations teams to create an outstanding experience for test IO’s growing base of subscription customers, with a focus on embedding our solution in their day-to-day operations to maximize its long-term value.
We will consider candidates currently located in the Bay Area (for our Oakland location) or Berlin.
About test IO
test IO helps software teams ship high quality software faster.
As a global leader in software crowdtesting, we enable fast moving software development teams with a platform for on-demand QA testing throughout the entire development cycle. Test setup takes just minutes, and we dynamically allocate human testers in real-world conditions to fit your specific testing needs. No more QA bottlenecks at the end of your sprints -- test IO makes software teams both faster, and more flexible.
Our community of tens of thousands of professional QA testers ensures on-demand availability when you need testing, and guarantees coverage across all the devices, operating systems, regions and languages that matter to you. Test results are delivered in as little as an hour within the development tools you already have in place, or via web app.
Founded in Berlin in 2011, test IO is the trusted testing partner of leading companies such as SoundCloud, Daimler, Europcar, Freeletics, Rover, and DriveTime.
- Through our customer success team, own the onboarding process for new customers, ensuring that test IO understands their goals and delivers the value that they seek
- Through our account management team, own the renewal and upsell process for our existing customer base, maximizing the lifetime value of our customer portfolio by implementing disciplined systems for tracking and optimizing each stage of the customer journey
- Lead, expand and mentor the CSM and AM teams by setting and prioritizing key tasks, KPIs and goals, improving cross-team collaboration and coaching. Act as a mentor and coach to our CSMs, and AMs, ensuring that they feel both a sense of empowerment to help customers and a sense of community to elevate one another
- By measures you develop a cultural change that you champion, drive a customer-centric mindset throughout our company -- ensuring that the voice of the customer is present in all of our discussions
- Working with the management team, develop and improve metrics for visibility into the health of our portfolio, and drive accountability for that in all of our customer-facing functions
- Establish, scale and improve workflows within the Customer Service function by introducing best-in-class processes, guidelines and tools
- Minimum 3-5 years at the director level or higher in a significant B2B SaaS business, with ownership of customer success/service and renewals and portfolio responsibility of €15m/$20M+ of ARR or higher
- A deep understanding of service delivery as it applies to the B2B software businesses, and a passion for improving the customer experience
- Experience managing multi-site or distributed teams, and ideally a background working with both North American and European customers
- A process-oriented and metrics-driven mindset, combined with empathy for customers and their needs
- Experience overseeing customer relationship management systems and a keen sense of how to track and act on customer health metrics
- As you will be managing teams on two continents, the ability to travel periodically is important. We offer schedule flexibility, but you will need to be available for meetings at times when Pacific and Central European times overlap.
- Work in a young and dynamic company with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, great values and a flat hierarchy
- Gym membership
- Free drinks and fruits
- Massage chair (in Berlin), wellness days and fair home office policy
- Credit card that gets a monthly top-up for your all your personal online shopping needs (Germany)
- MacBook Pro, desktop monitors, and anything else to make you productive
- Awesome team events including company trips to Tahoe, Prague, Budapest and others, wakeboarding, laser tag, cycling and running, Exit Game, and rafting
- In the USA: 401(k), pre-tax transit benefit, and medical, dental, and vision benefits
We believe diversity across our teams is paramount to our success. test IO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.