Head of Tester Operations
You’re an experienced operations manager who’s excited by the challenge of guiding a large distributed workforce. A natural behavioral economist, you’re analytical and metrics-oriented, but you’re also a humanist who cares about the people behind the numbers. You want to play a crucial, cross-functional role in a growing business. If that sounds like you, we may have the best job in the world for you.
The head of tester operations manages test IO’s worldwide network of freelance software testers and team leaders. This involves recruiting, supporting, managing, segmenting, and retaining talented people who supplement their incomes by testing websites and apps. The head of tester operations role touches almost every other other function at test IO, working with sales and customer success to understand upcoming demand, marketing to create recruiting programs, product to specify changes to the software, finance on payment and incentives for testers, and daily with freelance team leaders and testers on test execution and operational policies.
- 5-7 years’ business operations background, with special consideration for experience managing a distributed workforce.
- Clear written communication skills in English and German, with a bonus for additional languages including Russian and Spanish.
- An analytical cast of mind, with a experience developing team performance metrics and managing to them.
- A demonstrated ability to manage projects and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Interest in, or experience with, the software development process, online community and reputation management, or quality assurance practices.
- Ensure, in concert with our customer success team, that our testers deliver the quality of results that our customers demand.
- Work directly with our senior testers (team leaders) to ensure the smooth and timely operation of our test cycles.
- Using test IO’s platform and analytical tools, monitor the performance of the testers in our network, identify the most promising and productive among them, and collaborate with them to maximize the effectiveness of their efforts.
- Manage the recruiting and retention funnels for new testers and team leaders.
- Propose and run experiments to test incentives for increased tester participation and improved retention, then implement programs based on the findings.
- Act as the final arbiter to resolve disputes within the testing community.
- Collaborate with the head of finance and the CEO on budgeting and business planning.
- The opportunity to help people around the world earn money, hone their skills, and advance their careers
- A dynamic, international, mixed-gender working environment with helpful and friendly colleagues
- A competitive compensation package
- Urban Sports Club membership
- A kicker table - and yes we do use it
- All-You-Can-Drink coffee / tea / water / mate
- Occasional travel to the Bay Area to meet with your American colleagues